Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fun in Utah!

Last weekend for my birthday, Jake surprised me and loaded me and the kids up and headed north to Utah. We left on Thursday and stopped in South Jordan to leave the kids with Jakes sister Angie. This is a HUGE deal for us! We have never been away together overnight from both kids in the entire 5 years that we have had kids! I was really nervous to leave them but I knew they were in great hands with his wonderful sister and brother in law! After we dropped them off we headed to Park City where we stayed 2 nights just the 2 of us!! It was an amazing time and I love my husband so much for planning this get away for my birthday! We shopped, ate ALOT, went to the Olympic grounds where they were practicing the Luge and bobsledding (so cool to see up close), and enjoyed just being together! Saturday morning we went to pick up the kids and headed down to Thanksgiving Point to the Harvest Festival with some friends of ours! We had a BLAST! It was so gorgeous outside, only like 70 degress, and the kids were having the time of their lives! To top it off, we ate an amazing meal at Ruby River with the Walls and then crashed at their place! Thanks to the Walls for a great day and night! We love you guys! Thanks to Angie and David for taking such great care of our kids! and Thanks Jake for an unforgetable birthday! I love you!
Here are a TON of pics from Park City, The Kids at Angies, and Thanksgiving Point!

Here we are playing around at the Olympic Historic site.











Saturday Morning picking up the kids at Aunt Angies...








Thanksgiving Point.......















11 comments:

Riley Family said...

Yea!! I am so glad that you had a happy birthday, a great surprise, a fun 2 nights off with your hubby, a great babysitter, and fun family outing!!! I'm glad it all worked out and was fabulous. You look great!! Who is that giant you are standing next to? Sure love all of you! Hope your pregnancy is going great! Jen

Liz's Blog said...

SO FUN!!!! It looks like you had a blast! Happy Birthday. By the way....you look so beautiful...you can't even tell you are pregnant! We need to get together soon...i miss ya girl! Happy Birthday.

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

So crazy to see you on our stomping ground, I love 5 mins from Thanksgiving Point!! So sad we missed you!

Uffens Family said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!! What a great hubby to wisk you away- looks like you had an awesome time!
PS...love your family pics! You are gorgeous! :)

Amanda said...

That looks like so much fun!!!! Good for you guys!

The Spradlin Family said...

First of all, congrats on your soon-to-be baby boy. And, we were at the Scarecrow Festival at Thanksgiving Point last Saturday too. I can't believe we didn't see each other. That would have been fun. It's been a long time. How fun was that train ride, huh?

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Getting away without the kid(s) is the best! Glad you had a good time.

Frown Like A Thunderstorm said...

That Sean Bradley is so huge! Did you ask him to pick you up by palming your head? No? You should have! Dig the new layout by the way.

lindsay said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so sorry I forgot, I usually am good at remembering things like that but somehow having a third baby has compltetlely brainwashed me!!! It looks like you guys had a great time, I am so impressed Jake!!! By the way, are you ever going to look pregnant? Seriously!!! Glad you guys had fun, it's always nice to get away.

Melissa + Brett said...

What a sweet hubby! Congrats on your baby boy! You have the cutest little baby bump!

Heather said...

Looks like you guys had fun in Utah! And yes, we are in the same ward now! Its still so big, so its hard to see everyone thats in it