Tuesday, November 18, 2008

MOM!...There is a HUGE HUGE spider on the wall!

So, its no secret that my kids LOVE bugs. They love going in our backyard to try and find bugs..(which is difficult to find them alive, or at all because of mr. bug man) Everytime Ryleigh finds something, she comes running in and says, "MOM..DAD..you gotta come see this HUGE bug. Majority of the time its tiny and alot of times dead! Well, on Saturday, she comes running in and screams to us again to come see this HUGE HUGE spider. We brushed it off and said, "Cool Ry, we will come see it in a min." But she kept screaming about how big it was so we eventually got up and went to see this "HUGE" spider. To our shock,(and my horror) there was a HUGE HUGE spider on our wall! It was a trianchula! Jake of course wants to catch it so hes yelling for me to hurry and get a jar cause it was hauling up the wall into the neighbors yard. Long story short, we caught it. The kids got to hold it in the cage for a bit and then we gave it to our neighbor who has a big tank to put it in. It was crazy town. It was cool to see but hopefully I never see one again...well at least not in my backyard!





18 comments:

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

AH! I would be freaking out! I hate spider, hate them! I was one inside last week, and got the whole house sprayed for them yesterday.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I would DIE! I hate all bugs but especially BIG spiders!

Katrina said...

GROSS! I would have cried. In fact I almost cried just looking at the pictures. You live up the street from me so I don't even want to think what I have in my backyard. Thanks for freaking me out and making me paranoid! :)

Keep'n up with the Cameron said...

That's GROSS!!!!!!

lindsay said...

SO SICK! Are you serious? Guess we do live in the desert, huh? Just glad they didn't catch it with thier hands!! Ughh.....!!!

Riley Family said...

AHHH! That thing is freaking huge!!! There is another reason why I choose to not live in the dessert. I would not be able to sleep well at night with things like that crawling around.

Uffens Family said...

I would have been in the fetal position...and then felt like I had spiders all over me all day...I think I have a serious phobia! :)

Mama Thompson said...

Oh no....no spiders here. I think I would have fainted if I had seen that spider. Just the thought of them makes my stomach quesy!

Chelsea said...

How funny. You are lucky they didnt touch it and make it angry! How creepy!!! I found a little bitty spider today in the laundry that sat on the floor all night, and I thought that was bad!

Frown Like A Thunderstorm said...

Yikes! Spooky! At least now you know what to get the kids for Christmas. (Pet spiders are cleaner than most pets)...

Lauren said...

Wow! I don't even want to know that there are spiders that big lurking around, seriously I probably would have cried also!

The shell lady said...

oh my gosh amanda!!!!i am so glad it wasnt in your home and that the kids didnt tease it. i would just die, i mean die if i found that thing anywheres near me. i have aracnaphobia dont ya know. anyhew, that picture does bring about thought of horror!!! horror shows about spiders.i will bet you that for awhile you will run everytime she talks about a big bug-huh?i would have screamed and tore at my hair(what there is left of it) i let out a yelp when i saw the pictures.ah, the joy of dessert living.love mom

The Miller Family said...

Jims?? Waz up? NMH just chillin here at home. NE wayz, what's Jason's number cuz we are going to go razor. WB soon!! K.I.T.

No, but it good to see you are doing well and congrats on number three. Thanks for being so nice to Tabby too. She talks about you a lot. we should all get together sometime.

Sammy said...

oh man that is gross! I thought my millions of black widows were bad but I would FREAK out if I saw something that big and hairy.

Jo Meier said...

Hey girl!! What is UP? Besides the fact that you are totally with child!! How exciting. I'm a little jealous.. :) How are you? I'm pretty sure its been FOREVER since we talked!! Hope you are doing well. Your kids couldn't be cuter! :)

Taralee said...

Where in the world did it come from? CRAZY!!!!

Cute kids though! :) Is your belly getting bigger?!! Congrats!

summer c said...

that is toally discusting! I can't believe that those are actually creepin and crawling in our backyards around here.

Payne Family said...

Jake-
That is totally disgusting! I seriously think I would have to move. Good to see your blog. We are at paynezone.blogspot.com. Talk to you soon.

Jen Payne